The following information is provided free of charge from a variety of sources. Please note that much of the information is subject to third-party copyright by the source. Copyright information is stated on the documentation. The booklets and information provided below are occasionally updated by the source without announcement and so the information may become out of date, and so caution should be exercised if you intend to reply on any of the information. Parker Andrews accepts no liability for any errors contained on third-party websites or documentation.
For employees who are made redundant, the following documents will be of good use.
- A Guide for Employees who have been made Redundant – Issued by the Redundancy Payments Office (a department of the Government’s Insolvency Service). [Please note that this booklet is now out of date but a more recent version is not available online from the RPO. Please ensure that you read this booklet in conjuction with the factsheet below]
- Employee redundancy factsheet – A summary of how the redundancy process is dealt with and what employees can claim.
Personal Insolvency – Individual Voluntary Arrangements (“IVA”) and Bankruptcy
For those looking for information regarding personal insolvency, the following documents should be used.
- Is an IVA right for me? – Guidance booklet issued by R3
A number of guides providing information on personal Bankruptcy produced by the Insolvency Service:
- How to Petition for your Own Bankruptcy
- Guide to Bankruptcy
- What Will Happen To My Home
- What Will Happen To My Bank Account?
- Guide to Bankruptcy – Issued by R3
- Your Options in a Debt Crisis – Issued by R3
- IVA Standard Conditions – Issued by R3 for Proposals issued prior to 31 January 2013
- IVA Standard Conditions – Issued by R3 for Proposals issued after 1 February 2013
For those looking for information regarding corporate insolvency, the following documents should be used.
- Guide for Directors – issued by The Insolvency Service
R3 has issued a number of guides on corporate insolvency procedures:
Statement of Insolvency Practice 9 – best practice dealing with Insolvency Practitioners’ fees in insolvency appointments: